As temperatures start to increase as summer approaches, this can sometimes cause uncomfortable and sleepless nights due to the heat.
UK Bed Store leads the way for upholstered beds with a wide variety guaranteed to satisfy your tastes and budget.
Here we are going to share some handy tips to make sure you can get a comfortable night’s sleep on one of our luxurious beds such as one of our upholstered range that varies from single to super king size.
Top Tips to Keep Cool at Night
1. Keep the Blinds Shut – According to industry statistics around 30% on unwanted heat comes from your windows. So by utilising shades, curtains or blinds will keep your indoor temperature much lower and prevents your house from becoming a miniature greenhouse which can be frequent for south and west facing homes.
2. Blackout Curtains – A slightly more robust option is installing blackout curtains which are said to reduce heat gain in rooms by up to 33% whilst naturally insulating the rooms they’re installed in.
3. Keep That Door…Open! – Whilst in Winter it’s good to seal heat into your rooms to make them nice and toasty, in the summer having doors between rooms open adds a natural air flow which helps keep them cooler at night.
4. Change the Sheets – Changing your bed sheets is a great way to freshen up your room but also switching to cotton sheets as it breathes easier and is naturally cooler is a sensible choice.
5. Focus on Body, not Home Temperature – If you get too hot in the night, the chances are this will be your own body temperature and not necessarily your room’s temperature. Way to combat increased body temperature include sipping cold drinks and applying a cold cloth to strong pulsed areas such as the back of your neck and wrists.
Stay Cool and Comfortable with Upholstered Beds
For over 40 years UK Bed Store has worked with some of the finest brands including Sweet Dreams, Birlea and SilentNight supplying the highest quality metal and upholstered beds.
If you’d like to know more about any of our products please contact us today or come and pay our showroom a visit in Leek, Staffordshire.